Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 05, 2014

#3- Birth Story ;)

This birth story is ultra short because it all happened within 1.5 hours- from the time I woke up to get ready to the time baby was born. This time I listened carefully to my gynae- pain level -7/10, contractions last 30 secs, 8 mins apart. 


I started feeling contractions after making THE Facebook post but it was not painful- so mild that I thought they were braxton hicks. The contractions were then 4-5mins apart but pain level was only 2-3/10. So fulfils only 2 out of 3 criteria. 



Tried to get some sleep and sleep I did at about 1.20am - too excited about the possibility of meeting him. Baby M was asleep but started tossing around quite madly in her play pen at about 3.15am... Then she finally cried at 3.20am. Hug her to bed and went to toilet. While lying down, contractions came strongly. Was still struggling if I should head to the hospital and after three contractions which were abt 3-4 mins apart, I decided it was time to get to hospital. Woke hubby up and went to wash up. 


Moved quickly, reached hospital at 3.40am. By which I could barely move/talk when I had the contraction. Went to toilet to change to the blue gown... Couldn't pee to get urine sample because it was just too painful - by which I also noticed that my panty liners were fully stained. 


Nurse did a check and found me to be 9cm dilated *all gasped!*. They moved very quickly to give me my anti-biotic for the GBS... I was begging for my pethedine. The very nice Indian nurse told me its too late for pethedine since I was soooo close to labour. *sobs*


And so after agonizing through countless contractions in the delivery suite and hubby away trying to get paperwork done, all I could do is hold on to the gas mask for dear life. The nurses were all saying breathe-breathe deeply but all I could think of "what if Dr Tseng cannot come in time?". 


Less than an hour after walking into the delivery suite, Dr Tseng made, broke the waterbag/ membrane and with 2 pushes... Presenting Baby Tey... 


速战速决!



After thought: Was really happy that I managed to survive through those contractions without invasive pain killers. The gas mask was not as stinky as before and actually deep breathing does help - even though I must say it's really really damn difficult for me to breathe when the pain essentially "took my breathe away". Thanks hubby for allowing me to squeeze yr fingers when the contractions came... ;) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Maureen... Bravo... and welcome to the club of Mummy-of-3...