Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 03, 2012

The most memorable gynae visit (so far)...

Today marks the last monthly visit to the gynae and back to the bi-weekly visits till birth day. ;)

During the next visit at week 32, the clinic is going to collect the delivery fee! The heat is turned up further as the hospital has sent me a "pre-admission" form.

I am still as cool as a cucumber- baby clothes, breast pump and almost everything else is still in the store room. Nothing is washed/dried. Newborn diapers are still on the supermarket shelves... I wonder if that's how mummies prepare for their subsequent births! LOL!

Complained to my gynae about my cough that has been persisting for the last 2 weeks. The green phelgm is gone and I am super glad that I didnt need to take the GP prescribed anti-b. However, the persistent cough gave me the most memorable pressie this afternoon. After a hearty, fulfiling lunch of prawn noodles and ngoh hiang which I craved for, we headed to Vivo to get my lozenges. While in the carpark, a burp came up together with that cough. The unfortunate combination triggered a small "merlion" event. As hubby was shocked and concerned, my subsequent coughs triggered two larger "merlion" cycles. I think I was in shock too - trying to not ruin the car (too late) and was unable to puke outside the car (as i was still buckled). *roll eyes* To my horror, my face and eyes were all red and teary (yeah i look drunk alright) from the coughing and lack of air caused by the puking episode. Actually, I had two similar mini accidents prior to this. Now, i'm so freaked out, I have a plastic bag on the ready...

Also, asked my gyane whether "baby bump vibrations" were normal... During week 26-28, I felt my baby bump/baby vibrate. It was queer- like having swollowed a vibrating mobile phone. It was a "cute" but worrying sensation since common descriptions are usually flutters or bumps and kicks from the inside. Gynae laughed and confirmed that it's normal as the baby is having some natural reactions (like a shiver up the spine type of reaction some kids have while/after pee-ing).

Having decided to donate my #2's cordblood to SCBB again, I sought my gynae's support in collecting it after delivery. I will have to call SCBB after week 32 of my preganancy to get the paperwork done. ;) It's always better to donate than discard, since it could help save someone's life.

Other updates would include my suprising (under?) weight gain (only 5kg so far). Tummy size is normal (1cm per week progressed). Baby is still head up but gynae says it's ok since there is still some time to go. Ending off this post with a "spine" ultrasound photo which gynae took. :p Can tell?

No comments: