Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A melting pot of emotions?

It didn't seem so long ago that I jumped for joy seeing two dark lines on a pee stick test.

The first trimster of discomfort from the queasiness and the worry that came due to cramps and mild spotting, gave way to what I term "honeymoon". The second trimster was a sudden burst of energy (evident w flurry of activities I was willing to embark with the little gal and hubby). Good times don't really last as I'm offically in the last trimster.

At 30 weeks, as the tummy continues to balloon- so did the belly button. This time its 100% "popped". Despite little gal's good intention to "sayang" her little sister, I have to sometimes stop her when her little hands move over my tummy across that swollen belly button as it kind of "hurts".

This pregnancy has been a little harder than the first. There was the queasiness! The "going to vomit" feeling left me with little appetite and resulted in me losing about 2 kg during the 1st trimster. I also felt more pains at the tailbone and pelvic area...

Other than that, the little one also seems to have more activity in the tummy than #1. From flutters to huge thumps to kungfu kicks directly on the bladder (makes me want to run for toilet) to "vibrations" (and I wonder if I swallowed a vibrating mobile phone).

10 more weeks to D-day (Delivery day). The feeling is like a roller coaster!

Anticipation - to meet the little miracle/testament of our life and future together.

Excitment - it's like opening a present! Will she look like an exact mould of #1? Or will she spot bigger eyes and sharper nose? Will she be fiesty like #1?

Anxiety?! - Wonder if she will head down, will I have another delivery without epidurial? Will this one latch? How will little gal react to baby? Will she be easy to care for? Blah blah.

And yet some strange inner-peace and calmness will inject itself when anxiety threatens to ruin everything. I guess the #1 "benchmark" works both ways. As a second time mother, you just hope for better outcome and experiences. ;)

The ultrasound photos are still in hardcopy so got to leave this post with my fully "popped" belly button. LOLZ!

2 comments:

Sh said...

Quite a bit of similarly experiences like my wife for #2.

Snowymum said...

Sh, i was expecting a similar experience to my #1 so this one caught me by suprise. ;p