Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Little gal's garden!

I've always recalled fond memories of my very young days at grandma's old landed property which consist of a mini garden. During my pre-school days, my younger sister and I would be disturbing the life of spiders (destroying webs), ants and even the goldfish (by over feeding them) in the fish tank. We would also spy my grandma when she was doing her gardening.

When my sis and i were in Primary school, we started growing green beans on wet cotton wool (i bet many of my peers would remember this). We had the opportunity of growing long beans in the backyard and even harvested the long beans when they grew! Cool isnt it?

I wanted to recreate this for the little gal despite the fact that we were staying in HDB. Hopefully the little morning sun will keep the plant alive and good enough for it to flower and fruit some day. ;)

Planning went well and she picked out the seeds from far east flora (okra/lady fingers & long beans). After that, we took a long break as little gal pestered us daily, shaking the seeds in our faces and asking when she could start. (opps)

One fine day, she finally put her foot down and insisted we got down to it. Little gal counted the seeds and pressed them into the moist wet sand. Then a thin layer of sand by papa and she patted the sand down.

Since it was her little garden, she waters the plants everyday and boy did they grow tremendously within the 3 days!

I decided to do a side project with her: a signage. Decided on a design (arrow pointing to the left) and words. I drew the words with her inputs, she drew the tree and grass and did the colouring all by herself. Super colurful isn't it?

Hopefully the plants will grow well and start growing lady fingers and long beans! (fingers super crossed). ;p

No comments: