Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 08, 2012

Apple Pear Drink

The little girl is down with phelgmy cough and cold. With "bad breath", I was quite sure she was getting "heaty".

Researched online and found a drink suitable for coughing toddlers, so decided to give it a shot. My mum cooks this regularly (minus the pear and almond).

The drink is pretty sweet and the little girl didn't mind drinking it. I used a slow cooker so I don't need to watch over the fire.

Ingredients were adapted from http://food-4tots.com/2009/07/25/apple-soup. Hubby and I agree that it would be wierd to have it as a savory soup, so I omitted the meat and the bitter almond (since pregnant n tods should avoid due to toxicity). Instead of soup, we have a drink.

Ingredients
2 apples (small sized)
1 pear (brown skin, big one)
3 figs (无花果)
3 honey dates (蜜枣)
10grams sweet almonds (南杏)
Enough water to cover the ingredients

I shaved away the skin of the pear and apples (removing the core and slicing them in quarters and halves). Rinse remaining ingeedients. Put all together n slow cook on high (for about 3-4hrs).

The result is a clear yellow sweet liquid... ;)

No comments: