Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pregnancy & Food...

A lot of friends who were pregnant more than once shared with me about how "bo-chup" (care-less) they were about the food they ate during their subsequent pregnancies. I guess I am no different from them... :p

The diet preference for the 2 pregnancies were fairly different. I suffered mild symptoms of morning sickness for #2 and lost about 2 kg during my 1st trimster. Hubby also did not control the diet of my #2 as much as the first (because I told him the restricted diet made little gal a small eater... LOL).

#1 perfered savoury food stuff, green leafy vegetable and anything spicy and sour (yes, tom yum topped my list). I only ate "Asian cusine" and largely avoided "Western food". The only craving I had for #1 (which was never acceded to, was tom yum instant noodles- hubby was insistent! NO instant noodles- bleah!).

While #2 has no objections to "savoury stuff", I tend to suffer a lack of or zero appetite if the food came in spicy and oily (read spicy minced meat noodles). No cravings for instant noodles but #2 seem to have a sweet tooth! While I controlled sugar in my tea, I could not resist cravings for sweet stuff! The difference with #2 was in terms of the cravings I had...

During the 2nd trimster, I just could not get waffles with ice-cream out of my mind. Hubby was not only suprised (since I would usually not ask to eat waffles with ice cream) but very happy to oblige since it is his favourite dessert!

The other sweet cravings I have were:
Durian and soy beancurd. It was strange since I was quite reluctant to take both during #1. This time round I would tell hubby - "See, durians for sale. Buy leh, I want to eat...". Anyway, I only asked for durians twice. :p

Soy beancurd was a sudden thought that came to mind. Maybe a reminence of "pak-tor" days where we visted Yong He to eat the 油条 and soy beancurd. Each time we had 飞飞云吞面 at Joo Chiat, I would request to have beadcurd.

The last and perhaps strangest craving I had was for 点心 and in particular 凤爪. Yup strange indeed, but it was always at the back of my mind and a must order if I ever had tim sum.

No comments: