Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Steamboat on Labour Day

A group of friends have been contemplating a steamboat lunch or dinner gathering. Being a steamboat lover, all the talk makes me crave for one. With baby M, it's difficult to have a proper seat down steamboat outside so the decision for a simple one at home.

Bought some ingredients from the market including hubby's favorite 福州鱼丸 and what I think Nic would like - Angry Bird fish cakes! What was missing though was my favorite crab stick which is only available at Giant or Sheng Shiong. *sigh*

Luckily baby M was co-operative and slept from 3pm till 5pm so I could cook the chicken broth and make my version of marinated meat balls.

By 6.30pm, everything was ready! Little N loved the concept of cooking her own food by throwing it into the boiling soup and picking the cooked food using her chopstick. Hubby says she ate quite a bit of the handmade meat balls and angry bird fishcake. ;)

Overall it was a joyous dinner as baby M waited for me to finish most of my dinner and little N ate quite a share of the food. ;)

Some pics of the happy steamboat... ;)





No comments: