Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The count down starts... NOW!

Looking back, it did not seem like such a long time back when I first tested myself positive on the two pregnancy test kits which my husband bought from the pharmacy... I am officially into week 38 + of my pregnancy.  Which means I will be meeting my little angel pretty soon!

At the moment, I am loading myself up with things which I want to eat! For example, I had my first 2 half boil eggs for breakfast this morning. A lot of pregnancy books do not encourage pregnant ladies to have raw or semi-cook food. According to my dearest gynae clinic's weighing machine, I gained 0.9kg in one week! *GASP* I sure hope that baby is gaining most of that 0.9kg and not me. Having gained more than 12kg throughout this pregnancy, I turned to my hubby and asked "Do I look 12 kg heavier? i.e. bigger arms, etc.". Hubby did not blink an eye and he said "Nope! Can't tell!". Wonder if he is just getting himself out of trouble by giving me a politically correct answer.

Other than the 0.9kg I put on, my blood pressure seem to have gone down to the readings I get during the first part of my 3rd trimester (which is a good thing). My legs look like pig trotters in the morning, then they turn into elephant legs in the evening. Yes, my legs started swelling on their own last week. The water retention is confirmed since my skin does not jump back up after i press it down. *Tsk Tsk*

I asked my gynae if he has any idea when I will give birth. He only say that it is hard to tell since this is my first pregnancy. Of course, he did not do an examination on me to see if I have dilated or not. I will be seeing him again next tuesday! I really hope baby will make her birthday on 8 Dec 08. Isn't that birthdate just plain wonderful? 8 is my favourite number and I won't need to use my annual leave too! I am intending to take leave starting next week (i.e. from 9 Dec onwards).

Although I have been talking to baby on coming out next week, I will leave her to decide when she wants to say hello to mummy and daddy! 

No comments: