Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Flu bug GO AWAY!!!

Sometimes I feel so helpless... I failed to keep the bug from my little girl. Now I can only watch helplessly as she struggles to fight the virus. 

She cried especially hard yesterday and after about 5 minutes worth of "wierd sounds" after every bout of loud crys, a blob of what seems like mucus came out from her mouth. I was relived that perhaps my girl was puking out the phelgm even without medication. 

After "forcing" the various medication (the PD did a blood test for her as she had mossy bites at her toes. After seeing what seem like a virus attack with bad fever, she decided that antibiotics was needed...)down her throat, she could finally laugh and flip. Before that, all she wanted to do was to lie on her back and try to drift back to sleep. This morning, her fever was 39degrees! I was so shocked and quickly gave her paracetemol and a quick wipe down with tipid water. 

Luckily, her fever subsided!

(I know I will get shot for this...) We went out in the evening to Tiong Bahru Plaza. I took the train with her in the pram... I had pre-dinner at MOS burger (one yummy fish burger with ice tea!). Hubby came at about 7 plus and we headed for Sub-way for sandwich. 

I bought Gripe water for my little girl. Wonder if the evening cries (from 9pm to 10pm at my mother in law's place) is due to wind in her stomach. She does not seem to have the same problem when she comes home on the weekends. 

Sidelining, I am a very happy mother today... My little girl was a darling. She actually lay on her tummy waiting for me to finish lunch! Something which I have always wished for. In short, she made my day today!

Something I learnt:

My PD told me based on the mosquito bites on my girl, it is quite possible that this will not be the last of it. She mentioned that a mosquito will only choose one person to bite/attack. Hence the mossy's preference is my daughter due to the phermones she emits. The only solution is to buy mosquito patch to keep them away. I sure hope it works...


No comments: