Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mama's day...

Today marks the first Mother's Day for me. My hubby had celebrated this little day for me on Saturday at Ichiban Boshi @ Centrepoint. The dinner was great as we enjoyed the Bento set. But my little girl did give us a "ball-of-a-time" by bawling her heart out when our food came. Perhaps it was her milk time and she was feeling angry that we were going to eat first without feeding her. The fact was we were already preparing her milk while waiting for our orders to come! Instead of enjoying the food, hubby and I were passing her over the table trying to calm her down. -__-"

Today was the first time I felt so relaxed while hanging out at Tiong Bahru Plaza. We had our lunch at Kopitiam. Before going off to get prescribed glasses, we made a pit-stop at Macdonalds. We thought that it was a good place to get some hot water and we could pig on chicken nuggets (Hey! We did not realise that there is actually a baby room on the 5th storey, opp Eu Yang Sang clinic and it provides boiling water!). During this pit stop, me the vain mother asked hubby to take some pictures of me and my girl (reason being: My girl is wearing the romper that says "If you think I am pretty, you should see my MOMMY). LOL.





After that, we rushed down for a little celebratory dinner (3 mothers in one dinner) with my parents and my in laws at the Soup Restaurant @ Changi Airport Terminal 2. Dinner fare was average but I did like the steam fish as it was super fresh! :) Again, my little girl decided to give me a memorable time by crying and squeezing her eyes sooooo tight until there was one tear drop on each of her eyes! I had no choice but to walk out of the restaurant (amidst the stares!) with her. She finally calmed down but still refused her milk.

As you can see from the picture, we were done with dinner and my girl has yet to drink her milk. In the end, my hubby had to walk and feed her at the same time. (Talk about coming up with different "patterns" to make her drink!) Hubby and I reached a consensus that she might be having itchy gums (because her drool level suddenly peaked - she could wet her whole bib under 5mins and she was chewing on anything she could lay her hands on to put into her mouth/so happen to be near her mouth).


I strongly recommend this teether as my girl simply adores it! (thanks to the 2 friends who gave us during her full month. Yes! I have 2!) The one my gal has is the "Floating friends teether".

TIP: (from the first years teether which my gal absolutely loves when it's cold!) A teething baby may be especially fussy during feeding time because when baby sucks, more blood rushes into the already swollen gum. wash your hands and try rubbing baby's gums with your finger before a feeding to temporarily numb the pain.

No comments: