Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Should I *YEAH* or not???

Made a bee line for home immediately after work today! Me and hubby decided to bring our little girl to the PD after listening to her cough and sneeze so many times after the morning feed. The queue for the evening clinic is not as horrid as the Saturday clinic (but I almost wanted to strangle the cashier cos she made me wait for more than 40minutes!)... My little girl is now 6.05kg! (at 5 months 1 week and 5 days old) Okay it's not a major achievement but at least she gained the (as always miserable) 100grams despite her fever and flu... :P 

To make things even better, the PD gave us a good prognosis. My little girl is getting better, all she needs to do is to continue with the cough mixture and the nasal drops. :) 

Sad to say, I think the dragging of hours before pumping plus my high fever and super leaky nose episode did really take a toll on my breast milk supply (from the usual 240ml per 4hours, it's now only 200ml!). I cannot tell for sure if this is because I did not hydrate myself adequately. It's not the first time my supply dipped because I did not drink enough water...

That said, it's time to bottoms up on water! Will post again on whether drinking more water will have any positive effect on my supply. Then again, as long as the supply do not drop every other day, I will be happy for the little drop (it just makes stopping breastfeeding a little easier in future). 

No comments: