Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

6 months and counting... :)

Little girl is 6 months old! And she spent the day at Junction 8. My hubby and I signed her up for the baby photo calander contest... I only got to know that it is a SPH calander after reaching the venue! There were loads of babies and toddlers as the contest was open to babies from 6 months to 2 years. A total of 12 babies will be selected for the calander. Seriously, I did not really read the application form... I only took it home and passed on the rest of the work to my hubby.

The theme for Sunday was animal theme. A lot of girls from the Dec thread of SMH forum offered to loan me their animal costume. So here's thanking Ivy, Rachel and Jlow for offering! My fellow forum mate and neighbour, Jlow passed me a pooh costume but it was too loose... :P

In the end, I got one from the push cart outside Carrefour (despite knowing that it is $7 more expensive than what I could get online) on Saturday evening. That night, I unpicked the ears and added cotton into the ears for more "3-D" effect. *haha* If you think I am crazy, you should have seen the variety of costumes that the parents had their kids in.

The event at J8 required one parent to go up the stage to parade the baby in front of 3 judges. The scoring will be based on how photogenic (there was a pre-stage photo shoot), smiley, cute and well-behaved the baby is. I guess my baby was too tired so she did not really smile on stage, she did however BEAM at me while in my hubby's arms (when she was not on stage- *oh well*). Anyway the bigger babies (who are almost 2 years) seem to have added advantage as they could walk up the stage, wave their hands, blow flying kisses at the judges and even shake their backsides! Oh well, I can only hope for the best... The results will be out in July... So till then... :P

Anyway, here are some photos of my little gal with papa, me... And her fellow friend, baby Ambrose whose mum is also from the SMH Dec forum! :)

Just reached J8 and we were queing for her number... :P

Single shots with Papa (Top) and with Mama (Bottom)

Top: Baby Ambrose: "I want my afternoon nap..." Bottom: Close up of sheep sheep & cow cow...

Babies with mummies... Ambrose is attracted to the light while my girl is distracted by Ah Ma...

Baby girl with Papa (before going on stage)... :P

On stage now... But where did the smiles go??? :P

No comments: