Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Milk Spa...

My little girl had her most expensive spa the weekend that just passed... Why did I say it's expensive? It's because she is bathing in my breast milk - which is like the most precious liquid any mother would ever dream of giving their babies! Seriously, I would not waste my milk like this if not for the fact that I was taking a cocktail of medication for my bad cough. Have to thank Christine from SMH for reminding me that I should not throw and instead keep the milk for my girl to have a milk spa.

The milk is pretty mosturising (after heating up the milk in the pot, it forms a yellow layer of what looks like oil!) but sticky (most probably due to the sugar content - yes, breast milk is sweet). This time I got more inspiration from Chantalle on how to warm up the milk. Previously, I had left the milk until room temperature and added boiling water to make the milk warm. So this time round, it was very much easier! : )

I warmed about 5 litres of milk and it did not even fill up half the tub! I had no choice but to dilute the milk with warm water so that my girl could have a decent dip in the tub... :) Maybe next time I will warm about 20 packs of milk for her instead (thanks Chantelle for the tip!). My hubby took a video of her and I have yet edited it (It's a super big file so have to cut it before posting... do look out for the video!)

Here are some pictures of my girl enjoying the milk spa...




Updated (13 June 09)! Here is the video!

2 comments:

Lil Pretty Inc. said...

Yeah.. its most wasteful when we cannot let them drink the milk when we are on antibiotics. But then, no choice, give them the luxury of the milk spa.

I did it once.. its quite fun.. After that instead of pouring away, i bathe myself with it too

haha!!!

Snowymum said...

Haha... Good idea... Maybe next time I should try to have a milk spa after she's done.

But I dread smelling like fish leh... :P