Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

It's mum mum time!!!

Look at the picture below and tell me what you see...

It's really a big mess today feeding my little girl with the puree I made just minutes before her lunch feed. After buying the "First Food" books, I decided to plan what she was to have in the afternoon and in the evening. So I had about 2 and a half tablespoon of pumpkin and 1 tablespoon of spinach. I had originally thought of giving her the spinach followed by pumpkin... But this litte girl didn't quite like the plain spinach (I manage to bluff her once into eating the plain one on Thursday. She was distracted - poo-ing while I fed her. *haha*).

A fellow mother, Adeline gave me a suggestion so I tried the combination of pumpkin and spinach. I tried it first before giving to her and I must stay it taste way better than the plain veg! My little girl agreed and she took everything. When the mixture become concentrated with spinach, she started pushing out the puree. Luckily I had enough pumpkin puree to mix!

There is one thing I noticed though, she likes the puree or whatever food WARM! Once it turns a little cooler, her reaction to the food slows too...

So how did I get her into this horrid mess?
1. My little girl had a tug-of-spoon with me (she insisted on holding the spoon! I let her and the puree went everywhere but into her mouth)
2. My little girl pulled the bib into her mouth... And she tried lapping up whatever puree that actually dripped on the bib...
3. She decided to wipe her mouth on the Ikea chair! (Make mama busy only...)
4. She wanted to create the stylo-milo pumpkin-spinach moustach by pushing some puree out while the spoon was in her mouth!

Seriously it was fun for me to see her interest in the puree as she crys when I am slow or smacks the front of the seat to make me faster! Despite the mess, I did enjoy the process and it was pretty stress free (though I was stressed by the dirtied chair and the stains on her clothes that just won't go off!)

A word of caution: Spinach Puree is a nightmare for me. The drips on her clothes left greenish-yellow stains that didn't go off despite overnight soaking! *sobs*

Food Diary:
Breakfast: 2 teaspoon of Nestle white rice cereal
Lunch: Abt 4 tablespoon of pumpkin + spinach
Dinner: 4 tablespoon of Healthy Times Brown Rice Cereal + 1 and half tablespoon of apple puree
Total Milk Intake for the day: 20oz (aiyah so little!!! Sianz)

Here's leaving u a picture of her with the spinach moustache (inspiration from milk moustache!)

No comments: