Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yeapie!!!

This will be my shortest post ever! Today, my hubby recieved a call from the Singapore Cord Blood Bank (SCBB)! During my 2nd trimester, I had decided to donate instead of store my little girl's cord blood. Instead of throwing it away, my gynae, Dr Paul Tseng will harvest the cord blood. Of course, I had to also donate a little of my blood for some test.

During the sign up, the lady (I think her name is Doreen or Esther) had already told me that she will give me a call when my girl is six months should the cord blood be banked successfully. A fellow mother on the SMH had actually told me that once we recieve the "thank you" card from SCBB it means that the cord blood is not banked. Well apparently, it isn't true!

Coincidentally, I had picked up a SCBB brochure yesterday when I sent my nephew to see Dr Ang Ai Tin. So, I am over-joyed to hear the news because:
a. It means that the cord blood was successfully donated (was not a waste of my gynae's effort)
b. The cord blood meets the stringent international standards (in terms of stem cell count)
c. The cord blood may be used to save another person's life!

The lady said she will call me back again when my little girl is 1 year old. :) If so, it means that the cord blood is still being banked and has not been used!

Anyway here are some more photos which were sent to me by Juzyounme from SMH Dec 08 thread. Enjoy!




No comments: