Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 03, 2009

Mama says I am eating...

The little girl has been having her solids since she was 4 months old. The PD found that her milk intake was pitiful so she suggested that we gave her rice cereal. I finally got down to buying a book on weaning called "The First Foods" and it's written by a group of local dietitian.

Suddenly, there were so many different things which I could feed my little one. So where do I start? I finally relaised that there were some MUST-HAVE equipments that would make weaning and making purees for your baby a breeze. Presenting:

Philips Hand Held Blender (you can see 2 bottles of puree which I made for her. The pale one is apple chicken delight and the orangey one is potato-carrot)


Takahi Slow Cooker
I do not have a grinder... So this little thing of 1.5 or 1.8 litres at $57 helps cook the soft and smooth porridge my girl eats for the past 3 days. What I do is I put in the pre-made stock with the grain and let it cook from 1 am till I wake up at 5am. By 5am, it's all ready and yummy!

(In the background) Aerogaz Multi-Tier Steamer (This is good because no need to watch the fire while steaming the fruits like apple and pear or even vegetables like pumpkin, etc.)

So you may wonder what my little gal has been taking:
Vegetable/Root
(a) Pumpkin
(b) Spinach
(c) Pumpkin + Spinach
(d) Potato
(e) Potato + Carrots
(f) Potato + Fish (disgusting especially when fish turns cold)

Fruits
(a) Apple (Red Delicious or Royal Gala)
(b) Pear (Packham)
(c) Avocardo
(d) Going to try - Peach
(e) Going to try - Papaya
(f) Going to try - Banana (Pisang Mas or in Hokkien - Pang Jio)
(g) Apple + Chicken

Porridge
(a) millet porridge (cooked w veg stock)
(b) white rice chicken porridge (cooked with veg stock)
(c) white rice pork porridge (cooked with veg n pork stock)
(d) millet pork porridge (cooked with pork stock)

So far, her favourite belong to the porridge range. She will open her mouth after tasting the first mouth. I bought the Eu Yang Sang brown rice powder and have yet to give it to her. Tommorrow I will be giving her fish porridge. Hopefully she will love it too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Snowger,

May I know where you get the book "The First Foods"?

Thanks

Snowymum said...

Hi gal,
I did not see your post until today! :P

Can get the book from Populars. I bought it from Toa Payoh Popular...