Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Confessions of a naughty mummy...

Talking about being a naughty mummy, I am definetely one! Here are some stuff I did recently:

1. I fed my daughter with my favourite Ikea poached salmon.

Hubby and I decided to grab something from Ikea so we had our dinner there as well. Because poached salmon was the Friend's meal of the day (Sunday), I got a portion of it. My little girl could not sit still and I was trying to eat. In order to entertain her, I picked out flakes of the poached salmon (without the sauce) to offer her. She opened her mouth to take it. Then I tried the brocoli and the potato on her. Since she was pretty calm, I decided to continue with my own meal.

Hubby and I were amused because she was actually staring at me while I was eating and each time my fork came towards my mouth, she would open hers and move her head towards the fork. So I offered her a little more and she took them happily...

Verdict: I have decided to offer her steamed salmon this weekend for lunch... If it's good I'll give it to her more frequently...

2. I fed my daughter with my favourite Ikea hotdog bun (without the hotdog)...
A fellow mother in the forum says it is okay to feed baby with bread so I decided to try some on my daughter. Once again she loved it so much, she even protested when she saw the hotdog bun dissappearing fast! And of course her mouth was open, wanting more and the best part was I could see some bread still stuck on her tongue! Greedy...

Verdict: I found out that sugar is an ingredient in most of the bread and buns... Yikes! Explains why she loves them. However, I do not mind giving her some occassionally for variety sake.

3. Mama forgets to bring the pacifier cover and hence force me to take the pacifier...
Yes, I like to get my daughter to take her pacifier when I forget to bring out the cover. This is for the sake of cleanliness... Instead of leaving it around without the cover, what better way than having it in her mouth? LOLZ

4. Mama feeds me with chunks of food...
Call me a crazy mum, I gave her non-puree stuff ocassionally. From small bits of pear, to the small flake of fish, potato, etc. I gave her a whole piece of cold apple one day. She held it in her hands and chewed on it like a teether. And she cried each time she dropped it. My hubby had a good time picking it up and returning it to her...


Don't you think papa and her look so adorable together?

4. Mama is evil, she forces me to eat...
No need to say more. The picture speaks a thousand words!!!!
This was after a Hwa Xia session. It was dinner time so decided to feed her at the PS foodcourt. My guess is the noise in the food court had a hypnotic effect on her and she zonked out after she was 3/4 done with the brown rice cereal.

I am quite happy that my ger is a Healthy Times baby. So far she's okay with the brown rice, oats and the teddy puff (apple- cinnamon flavor).

2 comments:

kristalangel said...

lol. it's perfectly fine ... you're not doing anything naughty !! Love the pic of her sleeping in her stroller with the spoon right at her mouth. hahahah.

Snowymum said...

Haha... U can see how desperate I am to want her to eat! When I saw her staring blanking at a distant object, I quickly doubled up my speed to see if she could finish... Unfortunately, she feel asleep... -_-"