Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Little N

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Milk STRIKE!

Just when I thought that my girl's milk intake has gone to a decent level, she decided to go on a milk strike. It is driving me crazy when I know her average intake should be around 600ml per day inclusive of 2 replacement of solids. 

For about a month or so, her milk intake has increased from 3 milk feeds of between 4oz to 4.5oz (i.e. total of 360ml 405ml) to 3 milk feeds of about 5oz to 6oz (i.e. total of 450ml to 540ml) per day. Then all of a sudden, she started to cut back on her last feed... And now consistently for every of her feed, she drinks only 3oz (i.e. total of 270ml). That falls way below the 600ml intake she is suppose to be having!

Sigh... Did I feed her too much solids that's why she's not drinking enough? Should I cut back or continue to see if her milk strike is a passing phase? Or is it because she's not "exercising" enough so no avenue to expel her energy?

Anyway here's how much she's taking for solids...

About a full bowl of porridge (the above is pumpkin porridge with pork) 

Left a little bit... ( I had to add water because she did not like the original SUPER thick version...)

Is this considered a lot for an almost 8 month baby??? I just realised I should have asked my PD during my visit to her recently. I forgot to mention that I let her take the pneumococcal jab. She only needs 3 jabs since she's more than 6 months when taking the very first of the series...

Little girl had her very first jar food on 8 Aug 2009 for dinner. Under the recommendation of a fellow December mother, I bought the Heinz Mum's Receipe series - Pumpkin Cous Cous.

Little girl ate the entire jar of it without struggle nor noise. She just open her mouth each time she was done swallowing. Makes me wonder if my porridge is that bad... *Sigh* But I do agree one thing with the fellow Decemeber mother, letting my girl eat jar food is easy and convinient. Not to mention fuss free since she will open her mouth each time she finish swallowing the food... *Hmmm....*

4 comments:

kristalangel said...

lol !! You porridge isn't bad I'm sure ... :p maybe she's just sian of it everyday?

wa lau ... her food intake damn a lot leh !!! .. no wonder she doesn't want milk .. where got space in her little tummy ?!!!

If you're comfortable cutting down her food, I think u should try that .. her milk intake should increase ...

Snowymum said...

LOLZ. This mummy horrid... Thot if she can finish why not right??? :P Wonder if this will expand the size of her tummy... :P *evil thots*

Thanks for the tip... I cut her down to about 1 and 1/2 baby cubes per meal with toppings of fish meat and her milk intake has bounced back a little. Instead of the 3oz, it's now about 4oz... Hopefully tat will continue to go back to the 6oz... :)

Goody said...

heinz is a god-send. my boy loves it too. well, he is ok with just about anything other than specially home-prepared baby food. but he doesn't eat much. the grandma says its becos he's tryin to slim down in preparation for walking...?

Snowymum said...

goody, it's true that Heinz is god sent esp when I'm just too lazy to wipe up something for her... It is however true tat babies tend to slim down aft they start crawling. Not too sure it's due to food intake or they are losing lots of energy by crawling and of cos learning to stand! :)